Fast Food Catering
7 Foods That Will Clear Your Skin And Give You an Amazing Glow
Acne – you cannot control yet you have to live with them. Affected by a number of factors such as gender, hormones, age etc. you would think that these are not things that you can influence and you are right. After all, we cannot change our gender or age or hormonal status at the moment. But there is something that we can change. And that something is a thing that has a big enough influence just as the other factors that we mentioned previously. We are talking about our diet. It should not come as any surprise to hear this since as you may know your diet affects your whole body and all of its functions. And that is the thing – if you can eat right to get a toned body then you can eat right to clear your skin. You just need to know how. And that is exactly what we are going to do – share a few secret foods that have the ability to clear your skin and increase your self-confidence. And maybe after this, you can also find a cure for those bags under eyes. Let’s start!
The foods that will help you get clear, smooth skin
- Salmon – A fatty fish, you might think and you are right. However, although it contains high levels of fatty acids, these are the good kind and Omega-3 fatty acids are the most important ones. These fatty acids have the ability to reduce the present inflammation in your body. Plus, it will help maintain your cells in a healthy condition and by that help get rid of all the harmful toxins and let all the essential nutrients to enter your cells. And how does this refer to your skin? If there is an inflammation present in your body, it triggers your cells and clogs up your pores causing more acne to occur. In addition, it will add up to more wrinkles to form. Try to eat salmon or some other kind of fatty fish a few times a week to get the needed beneficial effects.
- Almonds – Perfect for a mid-day snack, almonds are yet another food choice that will help you get the smooth and clean skin. If you did not know, almonds are filled with Vitamin E which is an efficient sun blocker which means that it helps protect your skin against the harmful UVA rays. Plus, Vitamin E is an efficient antioxidant which means that it protects the skin not only from UVA rays but also from a number of environmental factors that add up to the damage of your skin.
- Carrots – If you want to protect from skin cancer, then add more carrots to your diet. But how do the carrots help your skin to get clear and smooth? Carrots contain a high level of Vitamin A. Vitamin A has the ability to prevent and reduce the overproduction of your skin cells in the outer layer of the skin. And why is this so important? It is because, in the outer layer of the skin, dead skin cells and sebum combine and that result in clogged up pores. You probably know this very well if you are dealing with oily skin. And that how the acne form. Prevent this from happening with the help of the delicious carrots.
- Garlic – You might not like the taste, but you sure would like want it can do for your skin in term of clearing it from those annoying acne. Garlic contains a compound known as allicin which is famous for its antibacterial and antimicrobial properties. And as if that is not enough, garlic is also filled with anti-aging and skin-smoothing antioxidants which basically mean that it will keep your skin not only clean and smooth but it will fight the inflammation, increase the blood flow and slow down the aging process of your skin.
- Dark chocolate – Did you think that we could avoid mentioning the tasty dark chocolate? No way! Especially not since it contains powerful antioxidants known as flavanols which have a proven soothing and clearing effect on your skin. In a study published in the Journal of Nutrition, two groups of women were gathered up and then assigned a diet in which one group would intake a high-level of flavanols and the other one a low-level of flavanol through drinking cocoa enriched with flavanols. At the end of the study, it was clearly noticed that the group which drank cocoa with high levels of flavanols had a more clear, smooth skin with higher UV ray resistance in a compartment with the other group of women.
- Green tea – Basically not a food, but a delicious tea such as the green tea can really help you clear your skin since it contains such big amounts of antioxidants whose beneficial effects we mentioned several times previously. However, in order to get the full effect, make sure that you drink at least 3 to 4 cups of delicious green tea during the day. In addition, green tea has proven beneficial effects when it comes to preventing skin cancer and reversing the skin damage that has occurred due to sun expulsion, according to a study published in 2007 in the Journal of Nutritional Biochemistry.
- Sweet potatoes – Filled with huge amounts of Vitamin C, you can thank the sweet potato that you are eating for smoothing your wrinkles. As we get older, our skin gets thinner, loses collagen and becomes less elastic. Because of that wrinkles appear. And this is where the Vitamin C takes over by stimulating the production of collagen and by that smoothing your wrinkles.
Taking care of your skin should be easy and it is if you know how to take a better care of it. Using a few quality skincare products, is a must however you cannot expect big results if you do not watch what you eat. These are just skincare products, they do not have magic powers and even if they did, a bad diet can easily reduce their beneficial effects. And that is why it is essential to rethink the way that you eat and try to include all of the foods that we mentioned earlier as much as you can in your everyday diet. Get rid of those annoying acne and neck and chest wrinkles as soon as possible by following these key steps!
Katleen Brown is a health, beauty and fitness writer. She loves to publish her articles on various health related websites. In her spare time, likes to do research to bring awareness.fitness Recognizing the unity of body, mind, and outlook, she helps empower women to tune into their innate & inner wisdom to transform their health and truly flourish.